James Charles Haskard was born in 1878 in Basford, Nottinghamshire. His parents were John Haskard & Betsy Deaball. James was married to Emma Gregory in 1898 in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire. Emma was born in 1878 in Radford, Nottinghamshire. Her parents were William Fletcher and Martha Gregory.
They had 11 children:
- James – Born 1902 in Nottingham, Notts, died the same year in Nottingham, Notts.
- Betsy – Born 1904 in Basford, Notts. Married John Hughes 1926 in Basford, Notts
- Elizabeth – Born 1907 in Basford, Notts. Married William Hawley 1933 in Mansfield, Notts. Died 1981 in Kirkby in Ashfield, Notts
- Thomas – Born 1909 in Basford, Notts. Married Evelyn Edwards 1933 in Worksop, Notts.
- James Charles – Born 1912 in Basford, Notts. Married Florence Hull 1935 in Basford, Notts.
- Lois – Born 1914 in Nuncargate, Notts. Married Ernest Green 1936 in Kirkby in Ashfield, Notts. Died 1997 in Sutton in Ashfield, Notts.
- Fanny Burton – Born 1916 in Basford, Notts. Died 1817 in Basford, Notts
- John Burton – Born 1918 in Basford, Notts. Married Winifred Keeling in Mansfield, Notts. Died 1998 in Mansfield, Notts.
- Annice – Born 1921 in Basford, Notts. Married Eric Simpson in 1940. Died 1991 Basford, Notts.
- Ronald – Born 1923 in Basford, Notts. Died in 2010 in Notts.
On the Marriage Certificate, James Charles Haskard is 19 and is a Printer (Journeyman). He is living at 52 Denman Street (Nottingham?). His father is John Burton Haskard who is a Cycle Fitter. Emma is 19 and lives at 21 Denman Street (Nottingham?). Her father is James Gregory (deceased) and was a Gardener (Domestic Service).
In the 1901 census they were living at 4 Chapel Row, Hazel Street, Bullwell, Nottinghamshire. James C is 23 and is a Litho Printer. His birth place in Nottingham, Notts. Emma is also 23 and has no occupation. Her birth place is Nottingham, Notts.
In the 1911 census they were living at 15 Sherwood Place, Nuncargate, Kirkby in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire. James C is 33 and a Colliery Labourer Above Ground. His birthplace is Radford, Notts. Emma is 33 and has no occupation. Betsy is 6 and her birthplace is Kirkby Woodhouse. Elizabeth is 4 and Thomas is 1. The census also states that James and Emma have been married 13 years, they have had 5 children
On Lois Haskard’s Birth Certificate, it states she was born the 3rd of December 1914. Her father was James Charles Haskard and her mother was Emma Haskard formerly Gregory. James occupation was a Colliery Banksman.It was signed by Emma and was registered on the 15th of January 1915.
James died 1951 in Nuncargate, Notts.
Emma died 1960 in Kirkby in Ashfield, Notts.